I am clearly not very good about getting myself to post in a blog. Truthfully I have the attention span of a goldfish and the last thing I think about when I have downtime is what I've been doing. I spend more time thinking about what I'm GOING to be doing tomorrow.

It actually doesn't feel like it's been two weeks since my last post. Since then I had a great birthday party with my friends who came out from Jeonju. It was so good to see everyone again. We went to dinner a CGV which was supposed to be sushi, but we saw that the sushi place was soooo packed we decided to go try the Chinese place next door instead. According to Chenney, it was pretty authentic, so I can't complain.

We then went out to Naundong to meet people at The Rok then headed over to a noraebang. I do love me some noraebang and I wish we could go more often. It's a lot of fun even if you're in there for just an hour. We were there for two. Afterward back up to The Rok to meet some of the regular foreigners and as things wore down it was time to go home. It was a great time and I was very honored how many people came out to Gunsan for my birthday.

I don't know what we were singing but obviously it was sway-worthy.

Teaching has come with a lot of ups and downs. I wouldn't say my kids are out of control, but they are certainly not in control enough that I feel like I accomplish much with them. Talking too much is defiantly something that they have a problem with. Sometimes I cannot even hear what a student is answering because the rest of them are talking. I have tried a number of different methods but after talking with some people and getting advice from people back home who are teachers I'm hoping taking a different approach/reward system will help them to understand what I expect from them.

However, I have found what activities my problem classes do enjoy. It feels like it took me too long to discover, for example, that my 4th grade students like to draw instead of doing
worksheets. At least I know now, so we can have an easier time in the future.

Early this week I was not feeling
particularily fantastic because everything that was going wrong was happening all at once. Again, not dying here, but after a while things build up and it's hard to deal with. I try to go out and visit my friends as much as possible. Also I got myself a fish and a plant to liven up my apartment a little in the hopes it will make me a little cheery. At the very least I can talk to them both. The fish responds, I swear! =P

Today, though, there was no school because it is their anniversary since opening. Unexpectedly, my mentor teacher called me this afternoon to ask if I wanted to go out with her. We went to Eumpa Park and walked a little and had lunch. It was nice because I have actually not done anything with her because she is so busy. Now I feel like that is kinda true, because she sounds like she wants to try to do things with me like this in the future. Also she tells me all the time that she thinks my fashion is good, which is flattering, because I don't really do a ton to look good.

Last weekend the Cherry Blossom festivals all started. They are not in full bloom but hopefully this week they will come out. I hope I will get to go with some people and experience them. It sounds like some will come next weekend, but as much as I like going out with big groups, I like going out of one or two people as well. We will see what will happen. But, I'm sure it will be good.

Comments (1)

On April 15, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Anonymous said...

Good fashion teacher!!! I've always thought your fashion sense was good. XD I try really hard to emulate it sometimes but I usually fail miserably. I picked up a present for you but I'm not sure when I'll see you next to hand it over. :3 wonder how much shipping is from Brazil to Korea!